Sturgis Charter Public School is a tuition-free, public high school
that accepts students through public lottery regardless of past
academic records or individual challenges.
The enrollment period for grade 9 for the 2015-16 school year will be held December 1st, 2014 - January 9th, 2015.
ONLINE APPLICATION for next year's grade nine class CLICK HERE!
To print a hard copy application, CLICK HERE.
~~Paper copies of the application may be delivered IN PERSON to Sturgis EAST,
~~BY MAIL postmarked between December 1st and January 9th to
Sturgis East Campus
427 Main Street,
Hyannis, MA 02601
~~BY FAX (508.771.6785) Please call 508.778.1782 to confirm receipt of fax.
The enrollment lottery will be held at Sturgis East on Friday, January 16 at 1 p.m.
A loteria matrícula será realizada no Sturgis Leste em sexta-feira 16 Janeiro em 13:00
Students and parent/guardians are encouraged to attend one Information Session.
Tour of Sturgis West:An informal tour of the West campus will be held on Thursday, December 4 from 6:30-8:00p.m.
Is Sturgis a good choice for me?
- Sturgis Charter Public School provides an enrollment period for Grade 9 applicants. We are not able to accept students for the 11th or 12th grade.
- A complete Enrollment Registration/Application Form must be submitted by the end of the enrollment period. There is only one application for Sturgis Charter Public School. On the application, students may note a campus preference (East or West). The form can be downloaded and, either mailed or hand delivered to Sturgis East Campus, APPLICATION ENCLOSED, 427 Main Street, Hyannis, MA 02601. Applications WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED at the West Campus. No applications can be accepted before the enrollment period begins. No additional information (teacher recommendations, test scores, etc) is necessary.
- OPTIONAL- Student and parent/guardian are encouraged to attend one Information Session or, if that is not possible, a private meeting with the Executive Director may be arranged. You do not need to pre-register to attend an Information Session. Information Sessions are held at Sturgis East Campus, 427 Main Street, Hyannis.
- OPTIONAL- Student and parent/guardian may tour the West campus. Tour date: December 4th, 6:30-8:00p.m.
- OPTIONAL- Prospective students may spend a morning shadowing at either Sturgis East and West. To arrange a shadow appointment, the parent/guardian should call the main office, 508-778-1782 for East, and 508-771-2780 for West from 8:30-3:00, Monday through Friday. Students generally stay for three class periods. They are asked to arrive at 8:10 for the morning session, or 12:25 for the afternoon session. Parents are asked to report to the main office and sign a form that gives their child permission to be at Sturgis. We will begin to schedule shadow appointments in November, 2014. Please arrange a shadow appointment at one campus only.
- Lottery: If we collect more applications than we have spaces available, we go into lottery. For details on the lottery process, please view our Enrollment Policy (PDF).
Upon receipt of a completed application, the information will be entered into the school’s Applicants database. The computer will assign an Applicant ID number that will be used to disclose the lottery results. The assigned lottery number will be included in the notice of confirmation that will be emailed to the email address provided on the application. If you have not received a email stating that your application has been received within ONE WEEK of mailing it, please contact the school at 508-778-1782 to confirm that we have received the application. If the application is hand delivered, you will receive a receipt at that time.
Lottery results will be made available in the following ways:
• The lottery is open to the public. All applicants, parents/guardians are welcome to attend, but it is not required and will not affect the outcome of the lottery in any way.
• The lottery results will be posted on the school's website the evening of the lottery. Results will be shown by applicant ID#, not by name.
• Students will be informed of their status in writing within two weeks of the date of the lottery.
• To avoid confusion, lottery results WILL NOT be given out over the phone.