Special Education Parent Advisory Council
Click here for Sturgis Special Education FAQ's
"Create Culture of High Expectations
of Students with Disabilities":
Sturgis is highlighted in recent Special Education Connection.
James, Paul. “Create culture of high expectations for students with disabilities.” Special Ed Connection. LRP Publications, 29 November 2012. <http://www.specialedconnection.com>
Our SEPAC is required by the State of MA to serve both an advisory and participatory function. We work closely with Sturgis Public Charter School Special Education Department and Administration. The mission of SEPAC is to work for understanding of, respect for, and support of all children with disabilities in the community.
- Promote a network of parents of students with disabilities & provide the forum to share information.
- Advise the Special Education Coordinator and Board of Trustees on operations and development of Special Education programs, parent & teacher training needs, and help to develop new policy.
- Promote communication between SEPAC members, local, State and National organizations, councils, and groups.
- Promote communication and programs within the community to encourage understanding, acceptance, and inclusion.
- Provide informational forums to parents, educators, students, and professionals.
Contacts for Sturgis West SEPAC:
Jessica Lynch, Special Education Coordinator
Shauna Weeks, President